Thursday, September 12, 2013

My experience with Cutis Medical Laser Clinics

Growing up is a process. But that doesn't mean it takes little effort to maintain what you're born with. We were all born to not look exactly perfect (definition of perfect differs from each). I'm not saying you are not perfect or maybe you are, but most of the time we are never satisfied with what we have. Human are always asking more for, i'm no exception.

Non-invasive procedures are fast gaining popularity in Singapore. It is the norm for urbanites to pop by during lunch or after work for a quick jab of Botox or fillers

Sometime ago i've made an appointment with Cutis Medical. I have no courage to undergo plastic surgery hence i've decided to go for fillers instead. I guess whenever we hear/see the word fillers or botox, you'll probably link it to cosmetic surgery. I must say you're so wrong about it. Alot of times we use fillers or botox to enhance our features, they do not change the existing features which you have. In other words, you need not undergo the knife.


When i first met the Dr Sylvia Ramirez herself, i must say she looks stunning gorgeous! I confidently thought to myself, "it'll never go wrong to have Dr Sylvia doing the consultation & those jabs for me." The friendly Dr Sylvia took a scan of my face profiles, from front to both sides.


She went in a detailed explanation of how my features look like now. With that said, i told her how displeased i was with my face and of course the areas which i've intentions to do fillers at. I specifically emphasized on my nose and i wanted it to look much sharper. I thought it was a lil' too flat. Unlike anyone who has listened to my ramblings, Dr Sylvia was patient with me & she gave a very detailed explanation as of why i shouldn't  even do anything to my nose. In fact she suggested somewhere else where i should have focused on instead.  

Right after saying that, Dr Sylvia went into further explanation on how can fillers help me. With her professional explanation, it put me at ease, laying out a treatment plan with plenty of information about all the procedures and each individual types of fillers & its purposes. And of course i went home to consider about Dr Sylvia's suggestions and digest all the information i've understood from her before i make my appointment for next session.

I went back after 2 weeks from the 1st session. This time i was really ready to go through the needles and all. Although i thought it may seem to be a lil' scary to have your face gone through needles and numbing cream!



And so my face is now filled with numbing cream! I had to stay there for at least 20minutes before it takes effect. Then you'd be wondering where exactly am i gonna input fillers at? Read on~





I know i looked like it feels so painful, in fact it isn't. I just had that tiny little bit of fear in me which i can't overcome. I had fillers done up on both my cheeks as well as both sides corners of my lips. The whole process took around 20-30mins.

You'd probably have lotsa questions after looking at those photos above.

Why did i input fillers at my lips? 
Problem with my lips is that it isn't in a proportional triangular shape with both my eyes. It is slightly narrower compared to most of you. Hence

I thought you were displeased with your nose? Why did you input fillers on both your cheeks instead?
I was educated by Dr Sylvia that no doubt my nose is relatively small compared to the an average adult. However it isn't flat to begin with. Actually it's my cheeks which aren't high enough to lift up my entire facial look, so Dr Sylvia suggested i should do fillers at that 2 areas instead.

Was it painful?
Just like any one of you out there, i had this same question running through my mind even until the very day itself. However, rest assured you won't feel really feel that much pain. With the numbing cream applied over the areas which you're gonna do, rest assured the level of pain will be minimised to the minimal. But i do agree that level of pain is a very subjective issue.

How long does it last?
According to Dr Sylvia, i was told that fillers usually last around 9months - 1.5 years, depending on how you take care of the treated areas.

What makes you decide on Cutis Medical?
I usually do my research well enough before i decide on something. Finding out about the doctor's credentials, like the number of years of practice, would actually help to decide if he/she will be the best person.

What preparations do i have to do before the session?
Always be very sure before you commit to any treatment. Request to view before and after photos cases done in the clinic. In my case, Dr Sylvia actually showed me the photos even before i can request for it.

What's the type of fillers you used for respective areas?
For my lips, Dr Sylvia used Juvederm Ultra. This is an ideal filler which will create a soft look and usually last from 6-9 months. As for my cheeks, Dr Sylvia used Voluma, a firmer hyaluronic acid fillers which will result in a firmer lift. They are usually used for cheeks and nose areas.

So, do i need to take time off from work after the treatment?
Of course not! You can make appointment during lunch hours and then get back to work right after it. Usually there is minimal downtime & the nurses there will give you a list of things which you should avoid doing after the treatment. Follow accordingly, you should not go wrong.

Is there any side effects? 
After the treatment, you may or may not experience slight redness/swelling or bruises at the injected area. Do rest assured that these effects usually last up to a week and can be easily covered with usual makeup. In the event should you experience any other side effects, please consult your doctor immediately.

These are the few common possible questions i've thought of. If you should have any other questions, do drop me a message below this post & i'll try to get back to you soonest.

I am really lucky to have consulted Dr Sylvia. She is very skilled, gentle and careful in ensuring that the result looked natural. Ice was also applied to the areas after each injection to minimise the bruising. It was really a good thing that i did not experience any swelling or bruising, whatsoever, though i believe that this will vary from case to case.
This is my face way before i've done any fillers, no makeup too.

And this is my face right after the treatment. Can you see the difference at my right cheek bone? It has lifted up my entire face shape and my lips now looks much fuller than before! I am so glad that now my face finally looks much more proportional than before!

So if have been contemplating if you should really want to make your very first step towards a nicer face, you should make an appointment with Dr Sylvia & also you can actually try this package which is the 3D Non Surgical Facelift by Cutis Medical.

And of course, remember to make your appointment early by calling Cutis Medical clinic. Feel free to drop me any questions if you have, i will try my best to get back to asap.

Cutis Medical Laser Clinics
9 Scotts Road #03-06
Pacific Plaza

Tel: 6664 8177

xoxo,
Queen

11 comments :

  1. It sound really nice. This post is very helpful for me as i am searching on the topic Saser plastic surgery from many days. It is really very helpful for me. I definitely share this post with my friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for posting about your experience. I am coming to Singapore just for the procedure and to check out the city for the first time:-)
    Hope she can see me in few days notice. I arrive in ten days. Helpful post. Maya

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi babe! Have you made your appointment with them yet? If haven't, you should. For what i know, Dr Sylvia has quite a tight schedule. I am sure you will like her attending to your requirements. Share with me on your experience too! :)

      Delete
  3. Cutis is the renowned brand for sure. I think you have made us aware on each bit about this laser clinic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you look great but honestly you looked great -if not better- before too. I don't think you needed anything done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am really enjoying reading your well written articles. It looks like you spend a lot of effort and time on your blog. I have bookmarked it and I am looking forward to reading new articles. Keep up the good work. Click here

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a great resource that you are providing and you give it away for free. I love seeing blog that understand the value of providing a quality resource for free. medical mask manufacturers china

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow, great, I was wondering how to cure acne naturally. and found your site by google, learned a lot, now i’m a bit clear. I’ve bookmark your site and also add rss. keep us updated.
    disposable mask manufacturer china

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is my first time i visit here. I found so many interesting stuff in your blog especially its discussion. From the tons of comments on your articles, I guess I am not the only one having all the enjoyment here keep up the good work Learn More

    ReplyDelete
  9. his is actually the kind of information I have been trying to find. Thank you for writing this information.
    Kratom Powder

    ReplyDelete
  10. I want to say thanks for beautiful blog sharing with us. Your blog really great resource to update my knowledge. Laser sharp focus

    ReplyDelete