Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Where to visit in Taichung (台中)?

I'm not done with my Taiwan trip!! BACK FOR MORE! Teehee! =P

Before i go on 
To view more photos of my trip, add me on facebook.
Follow me on twitter: @MsQuinie
& subscribe to my blog!

Day 3 of Taiwan trip

They said Taichung (台中) have alot of places of interest to that we should visit. So we went to this place whereby it used to be a school, known as Guangfu Junior High School.  However due to the 921 earthquake in Taiwan back in 1999, it was destroyed. So this place is also known as the 921 Earthquake Museum of Taiwan. This place was drastically damaged as it lay directly on the fault line which the earthquake struck. Their government wanted the younger generations to understand how badly can earthquake affect & destroy places, hence they kept site there & made it into a museum for knowledge & visitors sight seeing purposes.





Look at the damange, how bad it is! The whole building crushed down. I can't imagine people who literally went through the whole process. It must have been terrifying. Le sigh. :(

Then i went to this 3D theatre with Le Daddy. 
LOLL! I KNOW I LOOK V.UNGLAM HERE!

This 3D film educates people on why we should save & love the natural environment, very meaningful. Whole show took around half an hour or less. And why i'm only with Daddy alone? Because both of us talked as we walked and turned out that we lost track from the whole group. LOLLL! What happened was they were already at the entrance waiting for both of us because it's time to go for lunch~! HEH! Ya, me and  Le Daddy are such typical singaporeans (dilly dally) HAHAHAHAHAH! 

And so, we carried on our journey for LUNCH! Nomz nomz~ This is where we we're having our lunch at!
Sun Moon Lake

We had this 7 course lunch. Guess what, i only ate the vege, mushies, fish & the beehoon. Why? Because the rest of the meat were Venison, pork and some other unknown meat. By looking at it, i'm really too afraid to try it. The smell of the Venison meat already killed me, don't even mention about eating it! =.='' However i was really full just by eating beehoon, fish, vege and mushies. OH! Side track abit. There's this auntie who kept saying throughout the lunch while trying the dishes individually. 

Auntie: Tried the fish. "hmmm, the steam fish not fresh. still, singapore's nicer."
Auntie: Tried the vege. "mmmmmm~~ the vege no taste, not nice."
Auntie: Tried the pork meat. *bites* "aiyo, the meat so tough. how to swallow???"

Aiyo auntie. If it's killing you to be eating in Taiwan, then DON'T GO OVERSEAS! STAY IN SINGAPORE!! OHMYGOD! Can you imagine my agony? I had to listen and endure her nonsense throughout lunch! It was at least like 30mins? I swear i really wanted to so much finish up my food asap and leave the table! And so, i left the table once i'm done. 

Went outside for some sight seeing. This place is located on a hill top.





This was taken by me! VERY ARTISTIC RIGHT! =P
Initially i thought this guy was fake. He looked so much like a mannequin! Until he moved..


I think he likes lil' sis. He kept playing with her.

So cute!!!
HAHAHAHAHA! Look at the both of them! And you must be wondering, why is there a fake mannequin there in a temple? Because this temple was one of the buildings which was destroyed by the 921 earthquake. Hence this guy here is doing a "show" so as to get donations for the temple. I guess for him to paint his body and face with this dull green colour isn't easy too. And so, me and lil' sis donated. :)

After visiting the temple, we headed back to hotel for dinner & spaaaaa~ :D
8 course dinz
I love the dinner! There's omelette, steam fish, braised chicken, mushies, sweet & sour pork and the rest which i have no idea what's that BUT STILL YUMMY! I don't eat rice but just munching on the dishes itself made me very full, too full to even walk. =.= LOL! And so after dinner at the hotel's restaurant, there's this dance performance by 1 of the local tribes there.


Sis and me went to snap a pic with them. And what we are holding in our hands is the name of the hotel which we were staying for the night. 

Then the big boys wanted to drink AGAIN. So we went out of the hotel to look for beer. 

Le Daddy - He said he looked muscular here =.=''

After this, big boys drank to their content while i decided to go for spa. HOWEVER i have no one with me, so i was not able to bring my camera along. T.T The good thing about the spa is that, after 12 midnight it's only opened to ladies. So ladies can just strip naked and enjoy midnight spa to their content! :D I was there around 11:45pm onwards and shortly after 12mn, came in quite a number of ladies. I mean, i'm quite shy to actually see them all naked walking around. But after like 15mins, i got really used to it. *BLUSH*

Day 3 of my trip was my favourite because i got to understand how earthquake works and how much damage it could bring to a building. And not to forget about the dinner and spa which completed my night. I bet if i had 2 weeks in Taiwan in the future, i'd definitely spent at least 5 days here in Taichung. It's a place that we must visit! :)

In my upcoming post, i'll be touching on my day 4 and 5 back in Taipei. 

Stay tune! 

To view more photos of my trip, add me on facebook.
Follow me on twitter: @MsQuinie
& subscribe to my blog!

Laters!

xoxo,
Queen

2 comments :