Monday, June 11, 2012

Are you happy & shiny?

I was very busy ever since i got back from Taiwan. I'm still not done with my holiday posts yet! OMG! Okay, i'm here not to talk about my trip but what i have been busy with! I WAS SELECTED TO BE 1 OF THE FINALISTS FOR MS SINGAPORE UNIVERSE 2009, CHERYL WEE'S MUSIC VIDEO LEADS SEARCH! YAYYYYYYYY!! hahahahahhahha! *im mad* 

On the 1st of June, around 8pm+ my cell rang. I looked, unfamiliar number. *wonder & picked up*
Me: Hello...~
Unknown: Hi, can i speak to Quinie please?
Me: Speaking. *still wondering who's that*
Unknown: Hi Quinie, this is Khalil from music & movement.
Me: *thinking & mumbling* music & movement....... OH! ya ya?
Khalil: Congratulations~ You have been selected as 1 of the finalists for the Happy Shiny People Search. Can you come down tomorrow to try out & choose your selected outfit for a photoshoot & makeover session on this coming Sunday? Will you be free?
Me: *lost for words....* oh... OHHHHH~ tomorrow..~ *too happy already to even speak*
Khalil: Can? Are you available?
Me: yes.. YES! I'm free. What time? *smiling to myself*
Khalil: 2pm?
Me: Okay okay. 2pm. Thanks Khalil! See you tomorrow!
Khalil: Thanks Quinie! See you!
-Hung up-

Instantly, i thought to myself. WAH....... GOT SO LUCKY ANOT?! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! So excited!! Free makeover, free photoshoot, free outfit to wear! Feeling so happy! hahahahahah! And so i went down to try my outfit and getting myself ready for the photoshoot on 2nd of june at Jean Yip loft.

So when i was there, i had to wait for abit because there were only 2 makeup artistes while there's 10 of us. I mingled around, walked around and started to snap some pictures.


Then after waiting for like 15mins, finally its my turn!



Finally it's done! I think it took him around 10-15mins only? He's very good at it! Oh his name is Wing. After i'm done with my makeup, i had to do my hair. Think it could be because my hair was very long, hence 2 of the hair stylists attended to me. =/

This is the very shy photographer for the day. Hahahah! He refuses to look up whenever i tried to snap a pic of him!

After hair is done, finally its photoshoot time!

That's how behind the scenes looked like! Main photographer is Kelvin Fok. He's quite a nice & patient guy. Guided me on how i should pose and all. I was so afraid that i might end up delaying everyone's time. =/ Here's a few final pictures of myself taken by him.



I think they are very nice! HAHAHAHAHA! I'm not saying i look good ah! Ultimately whether a photo looks good or not really depends on the skills of the photographer and the pose of the model. Personally i felt i was a very tensed up that day during the shoot. =/ Maybe i still don't know the photographer, that's why.

It was a week from the event day itself from the photoshoot day. I spent most of my days trying to cut some fats off by jogging and maintaining my face so that no pimples will pop out! I doubt i cut any fats! LOL! Instead of feeling nervous, actually i was feeling kinda normal as the event day draws nearer.





Jia wan
Makeup artiste, Wing
With Cheryl
 The whole event was pretty much a success! I didn't win the thingy but it was definitely a good experience gained. :) In fact, i hope i will have more chances like this in the future. It taught me alot of things throughout. :)

The whole process was alot of work and coordination to be done.
Music & Management crew: Vincent, Khalil, Leonard, Samantha
Photographer for photoshoot: Kelvin Fok
Makeup Artist: Wing
Sponsors: Jean Yip

Thank you so much for arranging and making everything possible! Deeply appreciated! You guys were wonderful and i had so much fun while working with you guys! :)

If you are a photographer or from any company, looking for talents. I'm available.
For any enquiries you can email me at queendom.54@gmail.com :)

I have more photos covering the event in my facebook.

Follow me on twitter: @MsQuinie

& subscribe to my facebook & blog!

Stay tune for more upcoming entries covering mask reviews and blogshop reviews!

Laters!

xoxo,
Queen

No comments :

Post a Comment